Thursday, June 17, 2010

Home Furnishings for less or free!

On my continued quest for the best websites, let's talk furniture! You guys already know I am a huge fan of freecycle! But what else...

Craigslist! Craigslist rocks! Although play it safe guys! Don't go anywhere alone and never wire money or do anything that seems shady! Craigslist also advertises garage sales of which you know I am also a fan.

SIDENOTE: Kicked off my garage sale Christmas shopping last weekend and finished my niece and my daughter for $10!! A bunch of stuff I got was brand new (Chutes and Ladders and Guess Who? still wrapped in cellophane!)

nobetterdeal.com is another awesome one, where literally you can find anything for the best possible price. For example, lets say I am looking for a pink rocking chair. I type "pink rocking chair" into the query and it will tell me who has what at the best possible deals!

estatesale.net Ok, I am personally not an estate sale fan, I read that and interpret "overprices garage sale". However, I know a lot of avid cheapskates who LIVE for them. Estatesale.net provides the listings in your area. Perfect if you are into the antiques and extraordinary finds!

Finally and certainly not least, THRIFT STORES! I found my gaming/pool table (you know those three in ones) insanely cheap at Salvation Army and it is as good as new, even has all the balls! You can always find those one of a kind pieces and, if you have an eye for it, make your home look amazing!

Be blessed!
The Freebie Junkie :)

1 comment:

  1. I love craigslist! You can sell stuff on there for more than what you would get at a garage sale! I sold a table on there and then got a table and "earned" money! :)

    ReplyDelete