Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Art of Couponing

Did you know that oftentimes clipping coupons can make groceries super cheap and frequently free?!?

I am personally a big fan of coupon clipping! Trust me on this the satisfaction is worth the time!

A few tips for the new coupon-er!

1. Organization is essential!! Invest in a coupon file! It will save you so much stress. I find it easiest to sort alphabetically by brand, but I think everyone finds a system that works best for them.

2. DOUBLE COUPONS ROCK! Homeland and Price Chopper always double coupons up to $1. I can't tell you how often I have scored free or nearly free by taking advantage of this. Harps and K-Mart also offer double coupon events. The K-Mart one is awesome because it doubles up to $2 coupons!

3. MATCH-MATCH-MATCH. Compare your coupons with the weekly ads to find the best deals. Don't have the patience for this. The Coupon Queen will do it for you! You can friend her on facebook or follow her on twitter! She also offers Couponing 101 classes for a small, but very worthwhile fee!

4. Online coupons are also awesome! Write down all the brand names you buy and search. Can't find any then e-mail the company! Seriously, they will give you awesome coupons! Mass printable coupons are also available at www.mypoints.com (yes, you get mypoints when you redeem them!) and www.coupons.com. I am sure other coupon sites exist but these are my favorites!

5. Don't stop there! Coupons are available for nearly everything these days! Search online before you go out to eat, to the movies, to the park, or just about anywhere!

I am always here to help you get started! Drop me a message and we will work out a time to get together. I am also thinking about teaching a class this fall at The Refuge. If I did, it would be free. Would you be interested in attending?

As always, be blessed! :)
The Freebie Junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment